6 Jan 2017

What I'm Reading

I just recently finished All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda. If you liked Gone Girl, or The Girl on the Train, then you will definitely enjoy this book. I started All the Missing Girls on Sunday, and finished it in two days - I could barely put it down. Without disclosing too much, it revolves around Nic, who returns to her hometown to care for her father, after being away for ten years following the disappearance of her best friend. Her old boyfriend still lives in the same town and upon Nic's homecoming, his new girlfriend goes missing as well. The story is told backward, which I didn't think I would enjoy at first, but I quickly accustomed myself to the narrative and it felt as though I had to pay more attention to what was happening throughout the story so I could recall it later on. If you like a good true crime story as I do, I would also really recommend the podcasts Sword and Scale, Generation Why and True Crime Garage, which feature a different story every episode.

And yes, my books are colour coded. I think I saw it on Pinterest and really liked how it looked, but arranging your books according to colour is not only visually appealing but it will instantly make your bookshelf look more organized and intentional. Realistically, I should probably get rid of this over-sized bookcase in my tiny apartment, to make room for a dresser, but I find something comforting about owning books, and the satisfaction of flipping through actual pages, bookmarking pages and underlining quotes that I want to remember. And it's always been a dream of mine to have a library equipped with a rolling ladder; guess I'm just accumulating my book collection for when that day comes.

SaveSave

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design & Development by © KYO STUDIO 2016