13 Jan 2017

Apartment Tour

A little while ago, I was featured in Apartment Therapy's Small Cool Contest but was limited in the number of images I could submit; so here is the entire tour. I ended up winning second place in the International Category, which was pretty exciting. Every once in a while I'll stumble upon one of these pictures on Pinterest and continue to be surprised. I moved into this apartment two years ago, mainly because it's extremely close to my work and at the time, the Gardiner Expressway was being fixed and I didn't want to have to commute two hours to work each way. The space is only a little over 200 sqft, but it's a historic apartment building that's being turned into condos - it even has a coach house in the back! I think the biggest challenge is not having a bigger closet, but it's really taught me how to hold onto to the most essential items and to regularly purge my apartment of unnecessary things. 
To maximize storage space, the ottoman/coffee table opens up and holds my shoes; which there are way too many of. That stuffed dog on my bed I've had since I was a baby; and I've dragged it with me through two countries.
There's my color-coded book collection and my record collection.
The Border Trilogy by Cormac McCarthy is one of my favourite books (pictured on the left). I also really liked The Brain That Changes Itself (it's a fascinating read; I highly recommend it) so I bought these other related brain books I have yet to read. My friend Andrew made that dog figurine modelled after one of his Golden Retrievers.
My grandma bought me that guitar for my 15th birthday. Maybe one day I'll learn how to play.
I bought the antlers in Leiper's Fork in Nashville, a town suggested to me by a fellow photographer I followed on Instagram and who sadly passed away in a motorcycle accident last year. Leiper's Fork is an extremely picturesque town filled with coffee shops, art galleries and an outdoor wooden music stage. And there happened to be a massive outdoor flea market when I went. That trip was one of my favourite trips that I've been on, not only because I've come to love Nashville, but because of the company too. I remember driving through Kentucky's Bourbon Trail and winding roads in a convertible and it was the best experience.

The American flag print I bought on my last trip to NYC. It was my favourite painting at MOMA; mostly because I liked how you could really see the brush strokes when you stood up close to it. 
 My bathroom is well-travelled; it contains a print from Paris, Rome, and a mermaid figure from Nova Scotia.
These plants are long since dead; if the three on the right are any indication.
SaveSave

No comments :

Post a Comment

Design & Development by © KYO STUDIO 2016